Fish Catching Travel
December 27, 2011.
I was starting to feel guilty because I have not posted on Fish Catching Travel in a while. In fact, I only fished one day last week, and it was so-so. But back to feeling guilty. I finally got over it when I realized it was because I had to go out of state to see my daughter, Carrie, and her family. Lots of my family was there and we had a great time.
She is lucky to have a great husband, Leigh, and a wonderful daughter, Mia. Mia is my only grandchild and is a joy. At 2 y/o she is just learning to really talk and is in to everything. It is heart warming when she calls me and calls me granpa…and then hangs up on me. They are a great family and I am proud. So if it took some time out of fishing, that makes me a lucky man.
Then it was to my brothers for another Christmas. So I was able to spend time with his family and my folks again. With both of them in the 80’s, I am fortunate to have them and I am lucky they were there to be with me, and if I did not fish and write, so be it. When it comes down to it your family is the most important thing in this world and I have a great one.
Next, it is out of state for Christmas with my wife Nancy’s family. The only problem I have with that is we are staying on Lake of the Ozarks. I have fished it many times and love that lake. But we are flying so I will be looking out over the water stressing.
But back to the important stuff. Since I have been making nice, I plan to get back to it with a vengeance. Falcon, Amistad, and Fayette County are in the near future, not to mention of course the POC area and my constant trips to Coletto Creek.
I am not a list kinda guy but I do have a few things I want to put to pen so that I can keep track of all those things I would like to accomplish this year in the fishing field.
1. Catch a tuna. Hopefully that will come off the coast of Cape Town, South Africa this summer.
2. Catch a muskie. Will be headed to Muskie Bay in Ontario to get that done.
3. Take at least 5 new people fishing with me.
4. Catch that big blue cat, and that may happen any day now.
5. To try at least 5 new places locally.
6. To start posting the videos I will shoot with my new camera, both how to, and fish catching.
7. To double the number of you good folks who come to Fish Catching Travel. I do this for you and I want to do a better job.
8. Figure out the crappies on Coletto Creek, that should just take a couple of trips, it is just a matter of doing it.
Thats a big enough list for now, not to big and I should have no excuse for not getting it done.
I will be fishing the next 2 days, looks like a day of fresh, and a day of salt. So stop in, we are about to crank it up and I am humbled that anyone takes the time to read my stuff. I love to hear from you, I can not answer them all but I always want to know what you are thinking. So feel free to comment anytime, I am a big boy, I can take it.
Happy New Year to you and yours.
Good Luck and Tight Lines!